One of the key factors in optimal health is mastering digestion of the foods we put into our bodies. A few things to note are that as we age our HCL (hydro chloric acid) levels in the stomach weaken. Most people have weak acid levels in the stomach. If we are partially digesting our food this can cause fermentation in the stomach leading to gas, bloating, weight gain and ultimately more serious degenerative conditions.
Another key role in digestion is a healthy “gut” which means that the ratio to healthy bacteria and unhealthy bacteria is 2:1. When the healthy bacteria is flourishing our immune system is strong and healthy. This creates a healthy and happy brain as the gut and the brain are very connected.
Enzymes also play a key role in the digestion of our foods. Enzymes are, as Dr. Edward Howell once said, “the spark of life.” When you see someone whom is rich in enzymes you will see that they are light and bright. There aura or the energy field around there body is strong, healthy and pure, they heal quickly and have an abundance of energy.
Last but certainly not least our thoughts and the way we relate to our food plays a role in digestion. This is the most important and if you have any healing to do in your relation to food EFT or Emotional Freedom Technique or what is also known as “tapping” can also assist in clearing a less than optimal relation with your food. You can easily google or research that subject for more info.
Here are some simple KEYS to increasing your HCL levels, Strengthening the friendly bacteria in your “gut”, and enriching your body with enzymes.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar (Raw Organic Fermented)- A small dose of this taken before meals will increase the HCL levels in the stomach to assist your body to break down food in the small intestine.
2. Green Smoothies- A smoothie made of half a blender full of organic greens and a small portion of fruit will increase HCL levels in the stomach.
3. If these approaches do not work for you you can also buy HCL derived from beets from Premiere Research Labs.
4. Building the friendly bacteria in your stomach comes with letting go of antibiotics and introducing cultured vegetables to your diet. Cultured vegetables are very important to ensure healthy digestion! Making your own cultured veggies is fun and cost effective.
5. You can also buy a high quality liquid probiotic to assist the body. Remember that fermented food is the best way to get your probiotics.
6. Coconut Kefir water is a wonderful fizzy beverage that can be sipped on to heal the stomach. If someone has a history of antibiotics you can be sure the body requires lots of probiotic therapy.
7. Enzymes are available in all raw living foods. So any vegetable or fruit that is left in its natural state is rich in enzymes. If you choose to eat cooked food remember that there are enzymes you can purchase to assist in digesting denatured food. If you go to the Products page on my site you can find high quality enzymes.
These are a few tips that I trust will assist you in your journey to a happy, healthy life! Cheers:)