Heavy metals are neurotoxins. Neurotoxins are substances that are attracted to the mammalian body system. These substances are in the air we breathe, the pollutants, the pharmaceutical drugs, the water supply, air fresheners, baking soda, household cleaners, pots, pans, silverware and my list could go on and on. Specifically one might take a look at the metal that may be in their mouth. Amalgam fillings are a huge potential poison to the body. Each day the amalgam fillings off gas and cause poisonous vapors to pollute the body.
Here are a listing of some heavy metals:
These are just a few of the main metals that are found in our day to day environment through various channels.
Next we have Biotoxins. Biotoxins deteremine the behaviors and the eating habits of the host. . Biotoxins come from tetanus toxins, internal parasites, botox, fungus, strep, lyme disease and other foreign invaders.
Then there is a class of metals called Xenobiotics. These are man made environmental toxins like formaldehyde and dioxins and PCB’s. They are dangerous as they mimic estrogen in the body and can cause major disrupts in a woman’s delicate hormone cycle.
Food Preservatives and Cosmetics are loaded with toxic metals. They come in the form of parabens, msg, fluoride and aspartame.
These substances over time get lodged in the bodies bones and soft tissues. As they settle into the system they accumulate in the long bone, jaw bone and brain as well as the reproductive organs.
These metals can cause serious neurological challenges as well as emotional & physical challenges.
Possible Indicators There is an Over Flow of Metals in the System:
- Chronic pain throughout the muscles and tendons or any soft tissues of the body
- Chronic malaise – general feeling of discomfort, fatigue, and illness
- Brain fog – state of forgetfulness and confusion
- Chronic infections such as Candida
- Gastrointestinal complaints, such as diarrhea, constipation, bloating, gas, heartburn, and indigestion
- Food allergies
- Migraines and/or headaches
- Visual disturbances
- Mood swings, depression, and/or anxiety
- Nervous system malfunctions – burning extremities, numbness, tingling, paralysis, and/or an electrifying feeling throughout the body
So what can we do to counter act these metals?
- Remove amalgam fillings immediately from a qualified drug free dentist. A qualified Dentist will give you a protocol to follow before, during and after the removal of the metal. They will probably give you an IV of Vitamin c and other important vitamins and minerals. The use of a rubber dam and an oxygen mask will ensure the metals are not circulating back into the blood stream.
- Get a heavy metal test panel through hair, blood, urine and feces analysis.
Other tools would be to sweat in an infrared sauna daily while detoxing from the metals.
EDTA ~ If appropriate for your specific challenge can chelate and bind to the metals because of its molecular structure.
Fulvic Acid ~ A safe and key component in detoxing metals.
The kidneys take on a huge burden when detoxing from heavy metals. Pay close attention to caring for your kidneys. They will require castor oil packing to pull out metals and toxins. This gives the kidneys some help as they filter the neurotoxins from the blood.
Another tool I love is the ancient coffee enema. Utilizing a high caliber coffee that is organic and sustainable is a great choice. Some green coffees also work well like S.A. Wilson.
When metals are present no fungal or candida infection can completely heal. You must clear the body of the metals first and then handle the fungal infection.
Also if you feel discomfort in any area of the body while detoxing from metal it is a phenomenal idea to do a clay pak on that area. First you must clear the channel pathways of the feet and hands with the special clay and then you will clear the area of discomfort by packing it well. This will pull out deep seated toxins. The kidneys must be packed to to ensure they are being well cared for. Internal clay pulling is also a wonderful approach.
Finding a clean water spring is a great idea or making sure your water has been tested for metals will ensure you are not putting them right back into the body.
Here are a list of helpful super foods and herbs that assist the body while chelating metal:
- Skate liver oil
- Medicinal mushrooms such as Chaga.
- He Shou Wu
- Black foods like wild black bloomed rice, black sesame seeds (soaked and sprouted), chia seeds
- Passionflower tea ( flush xenobioitcs out of the system)
Those are just to name a few. Enjoy plenty of green vegetable juices, warm medicinal teas and plenty of coconut kefir water to cleanse the liver too. Other fermented drinks like Kombucha and Jun can aggravate someone’s system whom has not healed and sealed their gut. This means that the wild ferment in these two beverages could cause more trouble until one has cleaned up their fungal infections and ultimately the underlying issues. My thoughts are to stick with Coconut Kefir Water until the immune system is restored and the gut is fully healed. Cultured vegetables can help to digest metals in the system.
Cultivate awareness by listening to your body and its messages. It always has a message for us. I love our bodies!
Note: To learn about clay packing you can learn from Dr. Bob Marshall of Premier Research Labs. He created the medi body pack which I feel is a phenomenal product.