During the ambrosial hours of the morning I often get insights from the sweet stillness of the morning. When our minds are most at peace and can tap into something greater. The insights may be a new idea, or what to take action on in the day or like last night what to write about on my blog. So this blog is thanks to that super power behind the scenes that drives us to create the most magical experiences.
What is Jing? Well Jing is a word used in Chinese medicine to describe your essence. It is stored in the kidneys and you are born with a certain amount of pre-heaven essence that you downloaded from your parents.
Some of us have more than others, some of us have to work smarter for it later in life to cultivate more post natal jing. For example a man in his 80’s that smokes cigarettes on the daily and can still climb to the top of a mountain and has super strong energy through out the day without any crashes may have inherited strong jing. On the other hand let’s take a look at someone whom seemingly is aging rapidly in their mid 30’s or even 40’s and does not have the energy they once had. There body feels worn out in a sense. This is the lack of jing or will to carry us in life. Chi is the movement of energy within the body, it keeps the blood and lymph fluids moving while Shen creates a peaceful spirit. We will focus on Jing in this article because from what I have learned Jing really feeds and nurtures the other Treasures, Chi & Shen. If you have strong jing it will be much easier to cultivate a peaceful spirit and life flow.
Many factors can cause our jing to run out, stress is a big one. Living in a modern world with busy schedules can create a loss of jing. Having children also requires lots of jng and so a woman would do well to nourish her jing before birth and then after the baby is born it is time to re-build. Illnesses can deplete jing and lifestyle choices can either positively or negatively impact your jing.
So here we are going to go through a simple list of things you can start doing today to increase your Jing wherever you are in life young or “old”.
1. Stay Present as often as you can. Begin to cultivate presence in your daily life. When you are in the present moment it is hard to leak jing. Jing is leaked when we are in the thinking mind worrying about the dead past or hoping for future results. The present moment offers insight and wisdom from beyond the illusion of time. It is here where you access to creative expression and life works with you because you are accepting and living in the only moment there is, the now. The more we resist the now the more life resists us. The more we accept and live in the now life lines up for us. Suggestions are to read Eckart Tolle’s books and attend a meet up group on the subject. This will keep you in a steady flow of Jing creation.
2. Incorporate the The 5 Tibetan Rites in your daily exercise regime. This practice will open up the 7 energy centers in your body and help to reverse the aging process. It will balance your hormones and assist you to strengthen your Jing. Keep it up and after 1,000 sets of this practice your energy bands will likely shift and you will be activated. This practice is ancient and to be applied with reverence. Read books about the practice such as the Ancient Secret of the Fountain of Youth by Peter Kelder. Find a mentor that really knows this art and master it with their help.
3. Master Cellular Nutrition – We are all experimenting on foods and what works for our bodies. I have found that a nutritional protocol that feeds the good bacteria such as the Body Ecology Diet can be a great starting point. Using ketogenic diet principles you can burn long and clean using quality fuel for your body and not spike insulin and sugar levels.
4. Create time for tea each day that incorporates herbs to build jing such as He Shou Wu, Cordyceps, & Goji Berries ( about 1 tsp per day). Create a ritual of this and rebuild your body with mineral rich substances such as this. Make teas and broths that give your body warm nourishment.
5. Fast once a week with liquid nourishment (for beginners that require deep cleansing from standard diet). Utilize broth, warm tonic teas, a green vegetable juice and a blended green soup in the evening. The greens will work in synergy with the chinese herbs.
6. Cultivate several other practices like magnesium therapy to counter act any calcification in the body and rebuild your hormones through the process. Transdermal Magnesium absorbs the best.
These are just a few beginner steps that can be taken. For more detailed info on cleansing and rebuilding contact me personally for a personalized program.