This heavy metal protocol is one that I have implemented into my own health strategy. Always consulting with your own Health Practitioner is best. This protocol would best be for someone that is generally healthy, has had all amalgam fillings removed properly and is not experiencing extreme heavy metal toxicity. Otherwise, you would want to go slower and more gentle because the body can only take a certain amount of stress from the detox. On that same note getting your heavy metal levels checked would be your first step to gathering the valuable information required to see where you are at. Ways to do this would be through Hair, Blood and Urine Analysis. There are some cutting edge tools being shared through out the alternative medical field on alternative ways to check the body for accurate heavy metal load. As these develop we will share them here at the Sacred Backyard.
One foundational piece of information is to make sure your Urine PH is b/t 6.4-7.0 while doing a heavy metal detox. This ensures the metals are being released and excreted properly. Otherwise if the body is in an acid state it can cause more issues and actually drive the metals further into the fatty tissues. The metals hold on tight, the body has intelligence and when it is properly supported with nutrition it will release the metals in a graceful flow.
For now let’s start with the first detoxification pathway which is the skin. Being our largest organ we have to eliminate toxins we can utilize this to our advantage in a heavy metal detox protocol. Here are some great ways to do this:
- Far Infrared Sauna – very important done at least twice a week for about 50 minutes each session.
- Rebounding (until the point of exerting a sweat. usually over 30 minute session)
- Hot/Cold Showers with skin brush stimulation
- Activities where we perspire like yoga, tai chi etc.
Next we want to ingest plant materials that help the body get rid of metals. Which plant substances are most beneficial here?
- Broken Cell Wall Chlorella (from a clean reputable source) – One of your best allies in detoxing metals. The nutrition profile of chlorella is off the charts with bio-available proteins, beta-carotene and nucleic acids. Do some research to learn more.
- A Quality Greens mix with Grasses in it like Barley and Wheat Grasses
- Noni Fruit Powder
- Green Tea extracts (preferably one with the least fluoride contamination)
Next we want to introduce chelating agents to the body to gently and effectively mobilize the metals from the tissues and pull it out through the bowels. Here we can use:
- EDTA suppositories such as Medicardium
- Cilantro juiced or blended in a shake
- High quality clay like Bentonite or Zeolite
- Supplements with FOS and other green powder supplements specific for heavy metal chelating to pull metals out safely
Before, During and After a Heavy Metal Cleanse we can supplement and support the body with nourishing nutrition/tools such as:
- B Vitamins in a bioavailable format
- Minerals like Quinton, Phour Salts and other Greens mixtures
- Coffee enemas with two days b/t each to flush out the metals and move any stagnant bile. Two days b/t for electrolyte homeostasis
- Vitamin C
- Castor oil packing areas that feel weak during this cleanse is a great idea. For example if the kidneys require support or perhaps the liver. Sometimes the large intestine can be targeted and you would keep the pack in place for a solid 60 minutes with a heating pad.
- Mudpacking the dowload areas and the major key organs is essential. Best to do this over a weeks span or longer. Each day a mudpack is done a mineral foot bath is important for getting rid of released toxins.
A gradual pace over several years is the best way to alleviate the body of heavy metal exposure. It takes time for the body to release these without causing stress on the system. Other ways to protect ourselves from radiation and daily metal exposure is to:
- Wear some type of pendant that protects you from harmful emf’s.
- Green Tea ND ( a formulation by Dr. Marshall) This taken in water each day especially before flying will protect the cells from radiation.
- Supplement with high quality sea weeds daily to protect the thyroid.
- Consume your Green Drink Daily
- Ingest high quality clays daily
- Supplement with glutathione
As far as nutrition goes it is important to not fast during a heavy metal cleanse but rather get bio-available protein into the system. The body requires protein at this time to repair and support the body processes. Good quality fats from DHA is a great adjunct as well as cultured vegetables to keep the immune system strong and well.
**By clearing heavy metals from the body you will be getting to the root of certain issues. Things like circulation, inflammation, candida can all be heavy influenced by a burden of too many metals in the body. Mercury is one of the most dangerous metals and their is an abundance of information on the internet about mercury poisoning. Getting rid of your amalgam fillings if you have ever had them is foundational before clearing metals. It must be done using a certain protocol such as The Huggins Protocol so that your body is not exposed further to mercury.